Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crock Pot Corned Beef Brisket

Corned Beef.

Sometimes I serve it with noodles, and sometimes potatoes, but I always cook it in the crock pot.  Turns out perfect every time.  This is one of our go to recipes around here.  Perfect for a work day, or on a weekend.

 2 to 3 yellow onions thick sliced, and a rib of celery, cleaned and placed
on the bottom of the crock pot.
 I get the Flat Cut Corned Beef Brisket that has the season packet (makes life a little bit easier).
 Place beef fatty side up, and sprinkle the seasoning on top.
Fill the bottom portion with water (to the bottom of the beef).
 This time I added fingerling potatoes.
 Then top it off with carrots.
   
 I rough chopped a head of cabbage, and added season salt in a skillet.
 Saute with butter until most of the cabbage is cooked through.

 
 The beef cooks on high for about 8 hours.
Vegetables are tender, and very flavorful.
Perfect every time.  

Enjoy!


No comments: